Monday, November 07, 2005

Something for the New Week

With a new week should come a new picture. This is a Syntha Biomech I did for a online contest last year. I was sorely disappointed that he did'nt even place, but what can ya do??? I think he turned out rather nicely and I like him. My main purpose for doing this figure was to try to develope techniques for unusual patterns. I elected to try a snakeskin type pattern and I think it turned out pretty good for a first time try. I could certainly do one much better now, but that really is'nt the point.

I was also experimenting with doing NMM on the arms. I wanted to do a metallic look, but not the highly reflective Sky-Earth NMM that I think has become a bit of a plague on the painting hobby. I think it came out alright, but it could be better. As I think about what I could have done to improve it, I am at a bit of a loss. It does look like steel ( I work with it on a daily basis) but it lacks something artisticly to really get it across. I plan to but a few more of the Void Syntha minis to do a little bit more experimenting later in the year or next year, but for now this will have to do.


Feel free to tell me what you think and offer any comments here or on the forum. Thanks!!

No comments: