Monday, July 11, 2011

So where have I been

Howdy.

Sorry for the lack of posts, but with football season rolling into championships and me getting things in life in order I have not had a lot of free time.

I know it only takes a few minutes to post something, but... well I am not to good of late on posting.

Anyhoo, that being said, I have been working hard to get my Dark Eldar painted in time for Wargamescon in Austin. As it was, I still had to proxy 3 figures and 2 guys did'nt have heads. I will take some good pictures of my guys later for ya'll to take a look at.

For the weekend I ran my 2000 paint "Black Halo" list. It still needs a few tweaks to get it clicking everytime all the time, but what I ran was

a succubus with agonizer and haywire grenades
2 haemonculi with liquifier guns

2 units of 4 trueborn with blasters and in a venom with dual splinter cannons and night shields

2 units of 5  warriors with a blasters in a venom with dual splinter cannons and night shields
2 units of 5  warriors with a shredder in a venom with dual splinter cannons and night shields

1 unit of 8 wyches with a hekatrix with an agonizer and haywire grenades in a raider with flicker field and shock prow

1 unit of 7 bloodbrides with a syren with an agonizer and haywire grenades in a raider with flicker field and shock prow

1 unit of 5 scourges with 2 haywire blasters

3 ravagers with flicker fields.

overall I went 3 & 1 day one and missed the top bracket by 2 points, next day I went 2 and 1.

I am pleased with how everything went for the most part, but I am thinking I need something more and I will be experimenting with my army over the next few months to get it where I want it to be.

Its good to be back home though and I am glad I have a couple days of vacation to rest and recover.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I won best single in the Sci-fi category of the paintging contest. Nice to get top honors in the toughest contest category. Thanks all.

No comments: