I've been busy. I know its hard to believe, but it does happen from time to time. Still, I have some progress to report. Ok not really progress, but pictures of my Dark Eldar Scourges that are almost done.
its kind of sad how much of my Dark Eldar are almost done. My goal is to have my Dark Eldar done by Christmas Holidays. Should be able to pull it off. Maybe not all of my DE, but at least 3K points.
My focus of late has been doing more competition models, so I have been doing a little shopping around for some inspirational figures that I want to paint for the love of painting. I've picked up a couple of Reaper figures and a couple of those Kingdom Death figures that seem to fly off the shelves anytime they are for sale.
I'm also starting to make some progress on the valkya model for my buddy Raymond. I know its may overdue and Raymond's a great guy for being as patient as he has been. Also is the Kugath conversion. So expect to see some progress on those 2 here shortly.
But on to the pictures. Up for review are my Scourges for Dark Edlar. I wanted to keep my desert Dune theme going, so I painted them up with a darker brown armor. Its a mix of GW Scorched brown and Dark Flesh and a tiny bit of black. It initially comes out very dark. Its almost the same as the fabric for my DE warriors. Its washed with thinned GW Asurmen Blue, the BW Devlan Mud and then a thin wash of GW Badab Black. I then apply the base color again and add GW Bubonic Brown to the mix for the highlights.
The weapons are base in GW Chaos Black and then highlighted by adding Hawk turquoise and GW Scaly Green. The color is OOP, but Vallejo makes a good alternative that I use in their Game Color Range.
The skin I wanted darker than my warriors and wyches. base coat is Dwarf Flesh and Dark Flesh, shaded with Devaln mud and Ogryn Flesh and then highlighted with Dwarf flesh and adding GW Elf Flesh to the mix until its where I want it. The flesh was kind of a pain, especially the wings since I used a bit too much water and my wet blending became a wet mess. But it worked out just fine in the end.
The Helmets are the same as my Warrior helmets. Bone, washed with Ogryn Flesh, highlighted with vallejo Desert Sand and Bone White with final highlights of GW Skull White.
One thing I did here on the helmet was to detail the individual feathers. I am really pleased with how these turned out.