Friday, February 21, 2014

Howdy, its been a little while



Howdy everyone. So I am going to get back into the swing of things here. I can hardly believe its been almost a year since my last update. Way too long.



I've got a lot of things to share over the next few posts so I will start with the most recent.

My dark eldar continue to progress, little by little. I hab=ve been doing a lot of flames of war of late, and I have a few pictures I will share in a later post.

For right now, I was asked a question about my Dark eldar and the colors I used. I used several colors to get a 5 color combination.

my darkest color was a mix of scorched brown and dark flesh to get a darker reddish brown.
next was a mix of my dark color mixed 50-50 with Tau Sept Ochre.
The base color was Tau Sept Ochre
The first highlight was a mix of Tau Sept Ochre mixed 50-50 with Vallejo Iraqui Sand
and the last highight was Vallejo Iraqui Sand

All of the colors were applied with an airbrush on the vehicles. They were painted by hand on the infantry.

I have also started work on a Tyranid army. I have a couple of early paint scheme models that I am going to expand on for all my models.



I am going to call it Hive Fleet Mermaid. Not the most intimidating of names, but my oldest daughter loves mermaids and it makes her happy. Plus I like the aquatic look I have worked up for them.

Also I have been working on a lot of Flames of War armies over the last several months. I guess I was feeling the same thing as a lot of the 40k players and that 6th edition just isn't that good of a rule set. I still enjoying playing to a certain extent, but I just don't feel like it is really challenging me as a player in the competitive player world.

Don't get me wrong, I am far from the most WAAC kind of player, and I'm not a fluff bunny either, but it seems so much of the game depends on who goes first and certain power builds. I know, what else is new with this or any previous edition. What I am saying is I used to enjoy a more close or competitive game whereas now it seems like there are drastic swings one way or the other and that the game tends to be decided by turn 2 or 3.

So I am building Apoc armies, where lots of things more or less balance out. Not everything, but most things. Anyhoo, my point is not to get into a huge flame war with anyone, just express my feelings about things as they are right now.

My current love for rules is Flames of War, I have payed it off and on for years, but have really gotten into it over the last year and the more I play, the more I enjoy it.

Down here in Houston we are starting a late war league and I will be playing a late war Volksgrenadier list from the "Nuts" book. I have a couple of my winter jagdtigers that are still being worked on. Let me know what you think.





1 comment:

Damn The Valley said...

Welcome back, and the models look awesome!